Contact Us Today (206) 262-0561

T Visas: T Nonimmigrant Status for Victims of Human Trafficking or Forced Labor

t visas

T Visas

T nonimmigrant status is available to some people who are victims of human trafficking or forced labor. If you were kidnapped and forced across the border to work for someone, or if someone lied to you or tricked you to force you to work for them, you should call a lawyer. Millar & Hayes has successfully prepared T visa applications. We can help determine if you will qualify for a T visa.


A T visa lets victims of trafficking who meet certain requirements stay in the United States. It is a temporary (nonimmigrant) status that includes employment authorization. In some cases, the status can be renewed. In some cases, people who have been in the United States in T nonimmigrant status for 3 years can apply for permanent residence (a green card).

T visa applicants may be eligible to include certain qualifying family members in their application. These family members may be in the United States or living in another country.

Applying for a Green Card based on T Nonimmigrant Status

After three years of living in the United States in T nonimmigrant status, you may be eligible to apply for a green card. The application requires several different types of evidence, so it's important to consult with a lawyer before applying. You may be required to attend an interview at a USCIS office as part of your application for permanent residence.


If you are serious about getting immigration assistance a consultation is the best place to start. Spend up to a full hour with an immigration lawyer to discuss the details of your case, get answers to your questions, work through complex issues and supporting documents and plan an immigration strategy for obtaining benefits.

Schedule a Consultation

Contact Us Today

Millar & Hayes PC is committed to answering your questions about Business Immigration, Family-Based Visas/Green Cards, Investor Visas, Naturalization, Inadmissibility, and Migración law issues in Washington and Vancouver.

We'll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.